- Nursed Son back to health (he was puking for about 10 minutes)
- Took Son and Friend to see "Discovering Saturn" at the Planetarium. Thank goodness for the Planetarium. Friend fell asleep and woke up when the rocket blasted off. "I wasn't asleep," he said.
- Took Son and Friend to Expensive Grocery Store. They had Fruit Salad. I had Potato Salad and Diet Coke. MMMM.
- Had Free Meal at Friend and 2 Biologists house. Pizza and guacamole. Middlebrow should go out of town more often. I socialize more when he's away.
- Dropped Son off at 2 Biologists. I graded papers while Son and Friend played.
- Went for a run with Mrs. Biologist while Son rollerbladed with Friend.
- I just made cherry and chocolate biscotti to take to 2 Biologists house. They are having a dinner party and invited me. Mrs. Biologist is making paella. Super Yum! I also bought a sweet wine and some decaf coffee to accompany said biscotti. It was my first time making biscotti, so I hope no one chokes.
This is my crazy life. Son naps nearby on couch. I used the old "read a book while I check my email" trick. Works every time. He acquires much needed rest for another evening of out-of-control playing with Friend while the adults socialize and drink much-needed wine.
Tomorrow I plan to grade (I think my goal is 5 per day. What lofty goals!) and drink coffee. I think I will let Son watch a vulgar amount of Sunday TV. Luckily his favorite is "This Old House." Maybe when he grows up he'll redo our kitchen. A Mom can dream, can't she?