Monday, October 15, 2007

"Once" and Exhausted

If you haven't seen the movie "Once," you should. Absolutely. Now. Stop reading and go see it. Good. Now, you should listen to the live concert from NPR.
I saw "Once" by myself on Saturday, which probably contributed to the over all weepiness of the experience. But it was so good. And surprising. And original. Okay, enough cliches. But still. So. Good. I was listening to the concert last night and I think it annoyed MB. Too folky, or something. He doesn't like emotions, of course.
In any case, does anyone want to fly to Portland just to see their concert? I do, though I recognize it ain't gonna happen and it's ridiculous, because what's the point of having a job if you can't just fly off to Portland to see some musicians from Dublin?
In other news, I ran my last long run before the Half Marathon. I'm exhausted. And I think I'm getting sick (sore throat). But I literally fell into bed last night. But not until I had eaten a metric ton of food, including: bag of Spicy Thai chips, three Hermit cookies, some Reese's Peanut Butter cups, a turkey burger, some roasted beets and potatoes, broccoli. Not in that order. And a beer. Then I fell into bed. I also crave a sugar cookie with lots of nasty icing. I'll get that later.
Did everyone see "Once" then? Don't tell me you hated it. I can't take it. Only love, people.

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I LOVED "Once." I downloaded buckets of The Frames and of these two people together, if you want to have it. I agree with all your comments--it's perfection.

ErinAlice said...

I haven't seen it or even heard of it. I think school is ruining my life....I did see Dead Presidents in class last night. I did not like it as much as the professor. I did not feel for the main character like I wanted to. I felt more sympathy for his wife. Terrence Howard is in it and like always, brilliant. Have you seen it??O kay well happy running!!

lis said...

I loved Once. Will won't go see it with me. He's "waiting for the DVD" but I think he's just scared of the emotions and the folky music--you know. I bought my sister the soundtrack because I lost another one of her cds, but of course I downloaded it to my computer first. I listen to it all the time, but only with headphones. I don't want. will to ruin it for me with snarky comments. it's the best movie i've seen this year.

Dr Write said...

Yes, best movie for sure. I must download it asap. And I am sad that I can't go to Portland. But maybe they will come closer this year or soon. And yes, avoid the snark. MB is the same way. But I won't let him ruin it for me!!

Condiment said...

The gf really liked Once. I gave it a miss as part of my new Policy of Nonengagement. I'm sure it's good though. The musical for people who hate musicals and all that. I don't like emotions either, now that you mention it!