Thursday, January 03, 2008

I'm Not a Politics Junkie But...

I love to listen to coverage of elections. I don't really love the build up, but I like the results and the overstated speeches. I think it has more to do with my love of award shows than any love of politics. Election nights are the award shows of politics.
I'm happy that Obama and Edwards and Hillary are the top three. I agree with Hillary about a lot of things, but I don't really trust her. And Obama has almost no experience. But he has charisma.
Can I just say I hate Romney? I hate him. Why? Too slick, too much money. I love that he outspent Huckabee 20 to 1 and still lost. Ha! Plus Huckabee is a runner, so he's got that goin' for him.
I must finish my syllabus, but that doesn't mean I won't sit here by the radio listening to all the pundits doing what they do best. I will. But while I try to figure stuff out, which might not be productive.

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

interesting and sickening all at the same time, is how I find politics this election.

ErinAlice said...

I can not take listening to any of that. I am already sick of all of them and their political speak full of emotionally charged propaganda and I can't vote in the primaries so I am bitter....I too can't take Romney. When Jon Stewart talks about Barak he calls us the "Obama-nation". I love that!! Anyway I am glad someone listens to all that. I will listen more but I usually just go online so I can read it and I don't have to listen to them.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually going to go the NV Democratic Caucus on the 19th. Never been that involved before... of course, that does mean I will have to make up mind by then. Minor detail.....

Renaissance Girl said...

on a different topic: i got the cafe flora cookbook. thanks for the tip! (now i just need a kitchen....)

susansinclair said...

I heard a woman interviewed in Iowa a few weeks back who seemed to be calling the former Arkansas gov "Huckleby." Which I love. Him, not so much. Yeah, he's charming and and I'm impressed by the way he's taken control of his health, but he's one of those charming right-wingers, who'll smile sweetly and pray for you whilst taking away your rights. As for Romney, does no one remember all the scandals around the Salt Lake City Olympics bid?

Anonymous said...

Middlebrow looks like Peyton Manning.