Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Wish I Had Something To Blog About

...but instead I have grading. And laundry. Oh yeah, that. And so much of it. Also, there are dishes.
I know, here I am on the interwebs, writing for god's sake, when the house is being overrun by piles of paper that seem so much more organized than I am.
So what it is that blocks the hyper-productivity that I imagine for myself in some far off otherworldly place where women write and, oh, I don't know, someone else scrubs the bathroom sink, does the grocery shopping and makes dinner?
What ever could it be?
  1. The interwebs
  2. Facebook
  3. Working out (okay, we all know that's #1)
  4. Grading
  5.  Life in general
  6. Self-doubt
  7. Reading
  8. Crossfit videos
  9. Thinking about why I'm not writing
  10. Liking to do other things

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Key items for me include items 1, 4, 5, 6, and 10. Thank you for providing an answer key to the question: what gets in the way of writing?

Nik said...

It's enough to blog a list of writing distractions so I can have other distractions from my writing. So thank you. And write some because I like your writing.