- Bad things have happened.
- Bad things have happened that involve children.
- Bad things have happened and the reasons for these things are so complex that I feel overwhelmed, because I don't even know which one to feel bad about first.
- Bad things have happened and the people who suffer as a result are so widespread and the reasons for their suffering are so complex that I don't know who to sympathize with and so I sympathize with all of them.
- I become afraid the bad things that have happened elsewhere might also happen here.
- I become afraid that the Reasons Given for the happening of bad things might overlap with things I have done or thought, and thus that I, inadvertently, might cause bad things to happen.
- I sympathize with the people who also may have contributed to or have failed to stop the bad things from happening.
- I sympathize with the people who do bad things.
- I look around me & I despair.
- I look around me & feel grateful.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Why I Cry or Get Weepy: One Mother's Explanation
There are many reasons why one (i.e. Me), might become weepy or cry, sob even, for no apparent reasons. But, lo, there are reasons. Let me walk you through them.