The world, such as it is, has got me down. My birthday is coming up (in 3 months) so I decided to do 3 months of good things. And maybe also to give up that other social media thing that is not, in my opinion, GOOD.
I will try to post every day, but if not, at least every other day. And I will talk about the good things I am doing, because I will do something GOOD every day.
What do I mean by GOOD?
That makes me feel good and hopefully is also good.
I have a few goals.
- To connect positively with my Son, age 13. This is harder than it seems, but so far has consisted of me asking him open-ended questions and also trying to hug him (harder than it seems!). I will let him teach me a game. I'm also going to take him out for a treat drink and reading in a cafe.
- To do "exercise" that makes me feel good about myself rather than feel like a bag full of garbage left out in the rain.
- To drink less.
- To walk more.
- To volunteer. With Son? I hope.
- To get outside as often as possible, weather be damned!
- To get together with friends more often, for movies, or coffee or walks or yoga or whatever.
- To do yoga consistently.
- To meditate.
- To be grateful every day.