- Jake Gyllenhal (that's reason enough on its own. Don't believe me? See "Donny Darko")
- The contrast between emotional desolation and the painful beauty of the landscape
- "I wish I could quit you" has already become part of our cultural vocabulary
- It's based on a short story! C'mon people!
- Alberta = Wyoming. It's international!
- It's subtler than a sledgehammer to the cranium
- Heath Ledger
- Ang Lee (let's hear it for the guy who said "gay mens and women")
- The haunting score
- From now on, men will not be able to go fishing with their buddies without their wives raising an eyebrow
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
My Ten Cents
Top Ten Reasons "Brokeback Mountain" Should Have Won Best Picture