Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's all about The Idol

Recently, I have been distracted from my true purpose in life: viewing The Idol. Last week, I had a flash of what it's really all about. After witnessing Chris's amazing performance of "Walk the Line," I actually felt (really!) that if I had not seen it, I would be less of a human being.
Now, I know what you're thinking, how can "American Idol" be this good? I don't know. I really don't. All I can say is, it IS this good. And if you're not watching, you're not just missing out on some really amazing musical performances, you're missing out on some life changing experiences.
I know that you all will think I'm crazy, but I am being totally serious. I loved Chris's performance and I think Paris has the best voice in, well, a long time.
Here are my predictions for the bottom three this week: Bucky (again), Lisa (again), and. . . Kelly. It's only a matter of time before the charm of her blondeness and stupidity wear off. But I think Bucky will go. He has to. Son will be sad. Bucky is his favorite.

3 comments:

lis said...

I'm so upset that I missed last week because of Chris's performance but moreso because of the satisfaction I missed seeing little Kevin get booted off.

I have to confess that I cheated and watched last night, but I'm watching again on Thursday. Don't worry. And some of the performances were awful (Mandisa singing some gospel/ Christian rock crapola). Bucky's not getting kicked off this week. He sang country and I think the people are going to like that. This week, Kelly's gone. She sang country too, but lame country.

Dr. Write said...

Yeah! I so want Kelly off! And it's reassuring that Mandisa can be crappy too. I started taping late and missed Lisa, but I heard Randy say, "It was just a'right for me."

Valerie said...

I hate Kelly too! I mean really... the squid thing. I hated her version of Melissa Etheridge too.