Monday, March 19, 2007

We're Baaack!

Why is going back to school after Spring Break so hard? Is it the numerous margaritas you drank? Is the whole week of structureless fun? Is it the fact that it's dark at 6:30 in the morning? Is it the dog's ceaseless hacking?
Or is the fact that so few students show up you wonder if you are in the wrong room/school/life?

It is probably all of the above. For a minute I thought we only had four weeks left. No. Not true. We have six weeks left. How can that be?

I will post some Spring Break pictures later. They will include Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, children who don't care at a baseball game (only 99 degrees!), and my mom's backyard.

I did do a lot of crossword puzzles, read one book (The Last American Man), watched Idol (I don't even want to talk about it!), saw one movie (Dreamgirls, two thumbs up!), and, as previously mentioned, drank more than one margarita. And I'm doing okay on my bracket. My alma mater is still in it (Go Ducks!!).

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Okay, I have lots of comments. 1. It sounds like a fun spring break, and your analysis of why it's horrible to come back is exactly correct--all of the above. 2. I keep forgetting to ask if you liked Cloudsplitter. It might be too long, but I felt completely taken up by this bleak book. 3. I don't know if Trader Joe's has a special kind of almond butter, but you can make your own fresh at Wild Oats. It's awesome. 4. Go Ducks! (my alma mater went down to defeat at the hands of Xavier--so sad.)

Scorpion's Tail said...

99. Wow hard to go from that to snow. Students are lame. Cattle prods...buy yourself some cattle prods (maybe it's writing a murder novel had brought out the violent aggressive streak in me)

ErinAlice said...

Such fun to have you here. The weather has cooled a bit. Girls loved playing new games, like Pokemon. Monday was brutal. Monday classes should be outlawed.

susansinclair said...

Oh, now I don't want to go teach tonight. Wait--I already didn't, but that's 'cuz I'm handing back papers with really bad grades. *sigh* The GF will be glad to hear of your return, as she noted last week that she hadn't seen any comments from you on my blog...