Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
FiveThirtyEight.com: more poll information that one human being needs or would want. Simultaneously comforting and disconcerting.
Huffington Post: Okay, not really new, but I check it hourly now instead of daily. Where else can you get political news and find out that Joaquin Phoenix says "I Quit!"? Good for what ails you. Maybe.
Boots: Can I get a pair of boots now? Please?
Cookies: Can there be a cookie that tastes delicious and doesn't make me feel guilty? We'll see.
That's all for now. While I should have been planning for class, I was obsessing. Now, off with me...
Saturday, October 25, 2008
- Sleep in. With a 7-year-old, this means about 8. Ish.
- Make coffee. Very important.
- Make banana muffins.
- While the muffins bake, grade a few papers. Let's say 2.
- Eat a muffin and drink coffee. Participate in the festivities/argument going on in the living room about Son's inability to name any state and its capitol.
- Take the on-line state location quiz. Get a respectable 80%. Ignore husband when he lords his 100% over you.
- Take an on-line quiz about European capitols. Get stumped on San Marino, which, it turns out, is the capitol of San Marino, a practically non-existent little dot within Italy.
- Grade a few more papers. One? Two?
- Fight with son.
- Stomp around the house while getting ready to take dog for a hike in off-leash canyon. Guilt son and husband into going with you, even though neither likes hiking or the outdoors. Not even a little.
- Hike. Watch dog run about 20 times the distance covered by the humans.
- Go out to lunch with family. Sit in the sun. Gorge yourself. Reminisce about the pickles of your youth.
- Guilt husband into getting a new drum of propane by saying it seems like a "guy job."
- Roast peppers from last week's farmers' market.
- While peppers are roasting, read "The Awakening" for your lit class. Ahh! Multitasking!
- Make delicious Chile Verde from Otterbutt's husband's recipe.
- While it's simmering, grade a few more papers. Two. Three.
- Taste the Chile Verde. Damn! That's hot. So. Hot.
- Open the wine.
- Grade another paper.
- Call and sign up for tennis tomorrow.
- Cut up some carrots. Eat carrots.
- Read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle while waiting for husband and son to get back from movie.
- Drink wine.
- Add sexy, bald writer of Edgar Sawtelle to your Sexy Bald Men list.
- Sit on couch, blog, think about making dinner, drink more wine.
- Watch something on TV, then go to bed. Plan on that. Allow for surprise.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Where is your cell phone? Non-existent
Where is your significant other? there
Your hair color? brownish
Your mother? Phoenix
Your father? Inkom
Your favorite thing? books
Your dream last night? gaggy
Your dream/goal? writing
The room you’re in? living room
Your hobby? exercise
Your fear? Spiders
Where do you want to be in 6 years? here (SLC)
Where were you last night? book club
What you’re not? well-rested
One of your wish-list items? bigger house
Where you grew up? Oregon/Colorado/Iowa/Idaho
The last thing you did? ate breakfast
What are you wearing? smart wool sweater
Your TV? hulu.com
Your pet? sleeping
Your computer? dying
Your mood? early fall pessimism (TM)
Missing someone? Nik
Your car? Saturn
Something you’re not wearing? earrings
Favorite store? TJ Maxx
Your summer? active
Love someone? Many
Your favorite color? blue
When is the last time you laughed? last night (John Stewart!!)
Last time you cried? Yesterday (listening to NPR Obama rally)
It's hard to limit oneself to one word: impossible!!
I tag Hightouch, Cold North, Slimy Six, and Erin Alice.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
And you can see the photograph he refers to (from The New Yorker) here. It's worthwhile to look at all the photographs if you haven't seen them before.
Listening to Powell talk, kind of makes me pine for the days of old (when Republicans were articulate and sympathetic).
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Now I'm just trying to stay warm.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
It's all George Bush's fault. Eery damn thing that is bringing you down is his fault And Karl Rove's and Whatizzname the VP. Every damn bad feeling you are having is on those scrawny shoulders and came from their wicked, untruthful hearts.
Get a big old margarita, drink it, write down their names on a piece of paper and go outside and burn the paper with those names on it and anyone else's name you think hand a hand in all this. Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice,Sarah Palin.
You'll feel better
I did.-- stormreject
I fully intend to follow this advice as soon as possible. Good luck to you all.