- Sushi at Yellowfin, with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
- Fancy vodka drink & a glass of red wine, pommes frite & some chicken pot pie at The Metropolitan
- Ice cream at the Jazz game
- Tea with whiskey at home
- Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema (oh! my! god!) and Spicy Beef Salad at Chow Truck
- Cava at the Monaco wine tasting, Prosseco in E & K's room after
- Tapas & Sangria at Martine: trout with lentils, duck!, Spanish tortilla, something with chorizo, lamb; then a glass of Rioja; chocolate decadence & grilled gringerbread & porto
- A drink in The Vault at Bambara: Old Fashioned & some calamari & shrimp
- The rest of the Prosseco in E & K's room
- Free coffee in the lobby of the Monaco
- Brunch at Bambara: tomato & roasted pepper omelette, fresh orange juice, complimentary fruit plate
- Curry Chicken Soup (I made): chicken, coconut milk, ginger, sweet potatoes, carrots, rice noodles
- Pear-Apple-Berry Crisp (I made): delicious! Turns out pears are a delicious addition to any crisp!
It's always gratifying to return home after a long stint of good eating out and to remind oneself that one can, when pressed, make a good soup based loosely on a recipe and top it off with a crisp made from the over ripe fruit at hand. All in all, a successful culinary weekend.