Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Our First NEW Couch

Look at the sad Old Couch. It is sad, being left out on the curb, such as it is, to be rejected, even by the garbage scroungers. Our next door neighbor will come out, the next day, to save the couch cover. But the couch, alas, is too far gone for redemption.

Here is the New Couch, purchased at Form + Function. They delivered it today. It is smaller, and so makes our living room, such as it is, appear larger. This is just the first in many future purchases to make our small home into a viable living space. Next, contemporary shelving, a mod chair, a secretary, some art, a coat of paint, and a rug from Overstock.com. We may join the 21st century yet!

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

What a sleek article! Congrats, and doesn't this beg for a party? Oh wait--you're having one!

Clint Gardner said...

Stylin!

Dr. Write said...

The city clean up crew just took the couch away. Son and Friend watched from the front porch. They liked the way the couch hung out of the claw.

lis said...

nice. that was a big step for me, buying that first real piece of furniture (and it was only a chair!) I really freaked out about--I remember literally sweating as I finalized the purchase. I can't imagine what a freakshow I'll be should I ever buy a house.

Clint Gardner said...

My only purchase of a new piece of furniture was a hardwood chair I bought once a long time ago. I don't think I'll ever buy another piece of new furniture.

My couch is particularly tatty right now. I can't wait for the newspaper people to see it.

Counterintuitive said...

We tried to take a brown desk chair to DI and they rejected it. It now sits in our garage as we can't come to terms with tossing it in the trash but do not dare, lest we offend, offering it to anyone.