- Vinyl, real vinyl, including Captain and Tennille (look for a favorite from this, "Love Will Keep Us Together" on karaoke night!) (I did keep the "Grease" Soundtrack though)
- A crib we haven't used in how many years?
- Cloth diapers (we never used!!) and diaper covers we haven't used since, well, since you know when
- Baby shirts and blankets I was saving why?
- Baby bath toys that needed to be incinerated
- Swinging ranch-style doors (from previous owner!)
- Large piece of block print fabric of unknown origin and purpose
- Maternity clothing (why was I saving this?)
- Extra-large t-shirts that were not maternity, but that I wore before I was pregnant and during, but that now look strangely like cotton mumus
- Nursing bras and breast pads
I only mention this because what I am issuing here is a plea to clean out your own basements. I know you have stuff down there that you don't need and haven't seen since Clinton was in office. Someone needs your old stuff more than you do. Trust me. I was brought to tears by the list of Needed Items. I feel like a criminal for keeping all that shit in my basement while other people, people without homes, go without basics like clothing.
I'll get off my soap box, but I now feel better about my own (very recent) release of the hoarding instinct. Please join me in purging your house of stuff. Your conscience and your housemates will thank you.