Monday, July 14, 2008

Memory Meme & I'm Off on Vacation

Thursday, MB, Son and I are heading south to the cool mountains of Northern Arizona. I'm not sure what adventures we will have there, but we're meeting ErinAlice & Co, and my mom and her husband. So it's sure to involve meat, some fishing, and some hiking. Perhaps some tennis? I bid you farewell until the end of July. (yikes!!! the summer is almost over! I'm having an anxiety attack!)

And, thanks to High Touch Mega Store, this meme.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I shared. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is most memorable. If you don't have a blog and don't know how to sign in, please comment as anonymous.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your own blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's a lot of fun to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I promise to write one about you... either on your blog, in my comment box, or I will email you back!

and . . .

3. If you can't say something nice, shh! Say nothing.
(just as a highlight: this song reminds me of music class in Morning Sun, Iowa, when I was in kindergarten. We sang this song, and even then it gave me the heebie jeebies. I think I foresaw my future of hostile silence wherein I said nothing and seethed. As you all know, that didn't come to pass)

6 comments:

susansinclair said...

I'm just coming up with snippets...here's two:
1. feminist theory seminar. equally annoyed by pompous show-off(s). (well, that's nice about *us* anyway)
2. an end-o'-year picnic on Lake Whatcom, under beautiful blue skies, with lots of good company...and food...

Lisa B. said...

I have lots of AWP memories of you, dear Dr., including going to see Rock 'n Roll, which was amazing, and also seeing *27 Dresses* at Time Square, and realizing that you and I both have low standards in romantic comedies, what a relief! One other memory, though, comes from after a faculty meeting, when you were demonstrating how Son had a great rock and roll attitude when he sang--and your imitation of him demonstrated that you, too, are a rock and roll star just waiting to be discovered. Rock on, Dr. W.

ErinAlice said...

Okay there are way too many but the one that comes to mind is the time when you were in High School and did not come home because you were, it turned out, stuck in the snow on some mountain with who?? I can't remember. All I know is this was so not like you I knew there had to be a good reason you did not make it back. Oh and staying up late to watch Friday Night Videos before MTV.. Talk about a blast from the past. Love you.....

Anonymous said...

I'm with ErinAlice-too many...Mr. Bartles and Mr. James? shotgunning Rainier? December birthdays? sleeping on senior lawn? Mariachi seranades by your uncles band? marhsmallow roasts? and inner rock star--the Bangles for an HHS assembly? fortune cookies (or was it 14 cookies?) glad we've shared so many laughs over the years!

Valerie said...

I remember 4th of July a few years ago (maybe last?) when the kids played and we drank wine on the porch. I'm sure there were details the alcohol has smoothed away... but it was one of the nicest of days

Nik said...

This wasn't up for long enough for me to come up with the perfect memory. And then I came up with too many so I'll have to go with: Dancing at Area 51 with all those lecherous teenage boys.
But I have many others: Yoga with Charlotte, breaking into that 3rd! bottle of wine on G street with J.P., dinner at the Metropolitan after your defense, leg wrestling at your old apartment... oh, you're making me miss the last decade. I'm so glad you're heading this way.