Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What I've Done

  1. Started school
  2. Taught 4 classes
  3. Added too many students to my comp classes
  4. Swam at 6 a.m.
  5. Ran 6 miles
  6. Played tennis
  7. Made pizza in my small kitchen
  8. Made chicken rice soup from homemade broth
  9. Made a pot roast
  10. Read a book
  11. Watched the Golden Globes (and blogged about it at TWIT)
  12. Went to an OC Meeting
  13. Ate chocolate
  14. Went out to a "the semester's starting, let's have a margarita" dinner with a colleague
  15. Went to bed early and got a good night's sleep
  16. Had coffee with a newly-laid-off colleague
  17. Walked and had tea with a friend I haven't seen in a long time
  18. Hung out with Son on his sick day and watched a terrible movie on Netflix
  19. Put away (most of) the piles of paper that filled our living room
  20. Reorganized some stuff
Okay. That's what I did.

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Super productive! I'm alarmed about son's sick day and the terrible movie, and impressed by the homemade broth. I can get behind almost everything on Mark Bittman's list, but I stand by my vegetarian bouillon items. They don't replace homemade broth, but if broth is what's standing between me and making soup, baby, I am using the bouillon thingie. Therefore, I salute you for all your accomplishments.

Renaissance Girl said...

is this ALL ONE DAY?

Dr Write said...

NO!!! Only in my blogging absence. But I did, for example, play tennis and run in the same day. The next day, of course, I rested. And went out to dinner.

ErinAlice said...

That is lots of stuff. What book did you read? What terrible movie did you watch? I especially like the margarita and dinner part. And here I sit, typing, typing, typing....

Nik said...

The list is so exhausting. The first week is a killer especially in that you know there are 14 more like them to go. I wish I'd swum as well as run!