- The things you love might not be good for you, but you can learn to love the things that ARE good for you (like spinach, kale, chard, peppers, etc.)
- Always, always, always eat breakfast. Always.
- Protein, protein, protein!
- Lack of protein makes one a total bitch! And yes, by "one" I mean me.
- Always, always, always carry snacks. Such as: precooked sausage, apple, almonds. Or: cheese stick, orange, cashews. Or: protein bar.
- If you have healthy snacks in the house, you are more likely to eat healthy snacks. This also works with children. If you just give them the healthy snack, they will usually eat it.
- Coffee is not optional.
- Do not eat to live or live to eat. Somewhere in between is best.
- Savor each bite. If it's not worth savoring, you probably shouldn't eat it.
- A healthy attitude about food is a gift you give yourself and your children.
Thursday, December 03, 2009
More Lessons from my 41st Year
Today, since it is exactly one week until my birthday, I will offer another ten lessons. These, I decided, will be about food, since that is one of my obsessions.