Monday, May 02, 2005

Stop the Madness! (all of it!)

I am:
-4%
Republican.
"You're a damn Commie! Where's Tailgunner Joe when we need him?"

Are You A Republican?
Thanks to Susan, I took the test. I'm glad to report I'm even less Republican than she is!
I'm also proud to report that I have done very little grading. Yesterday, I took Son to the park. Okay, I did a little grading there. And today I took Son to the park. And I read a book. A mystery book. A paperback. It wasn't that trashy. But maybe just a little trashy. Did I mention that I love summer? If anyone has any good trashy reads they want to recommend, I'm open to suggestions. The key is to be just trashy enough that it doesn't seem like "work" and not so trashy that I'm embarassed to be seen holding it on the bus. Okay, maybe the bus is a bad example. Let's say the beach, but a beach where you are likely to run into a friend that you don't want to think you are too stupid. It might be okay if she thinks you are a little stupid. It's the beach after all. And it's summer. What does she expect?

6 comments:

Clint Gardner said...

-7%.

Lisa B. said...

-31%.

Paulk said...

9%, which I figure makes me a little left of moderate.

Oh, wait. I was supposed to answer honestly?

Anonymous said...

-12%
Now I'm hurt because they said America thanks God for John Ashcroft--as if my Marxist Revolutionary ways cause John Ashcroft....Hm. So if I republican up, John Ashcroft will go away? I could make some slight adjustments....

Anonymous said...

1% and happy as pie about my descriptor (although I don't understand how it fits 1%): "You're a complete liberal, utterly without a trace of Republicanism. Your strength is as the strength of ten because your heart is pure. (You hope.)"

As far as summer reading, I recently picked up (my) latest Nevada Barr book, Deep South, from her murder mystery series about park ranger Anna Pigeon. Love the character, love the variety of environments she finds herself solving crime in.... Plots have a certain predictability, you'll notice over time, and Barr isn't the most sophisticated writer I've ever read (and on this one, she needed a better copy editor, as well), but these books are very chewy and delicious.

Clint Gardner said...

By the way, it was nice to hang out with M. and Son for an hour, even though I was wrapped up in end-of-the-semester business. Son was particularly interested in making a rocket out of the writing center glider, but I told him I didn't know how to do that.

Son also noticed my green army men. Observant is son, even after looking for Darth Vader costumes, was he.