Saturday, April 08, 2006

My Son: The Rockstar


Son has recently rediscovered the guitar in the basement. In my opinion this is a result of our viewing of American Idol. Last night he said, "I can't sleep! I'm thinking about rockstars!"

I had to help him write a note that said "Tomorrow, I play guitar."

When he still wouldn't go to sleep, we said we'd have to put the guitar in the living room. Son said, "You're going to ruin my band!"

Some sample lyrics:
You're a wreck of a wife
Chase the theives and out run them, out run them


Son is well on his way to super stardom. His plans for the band include the upright bass, three guitars, drums, and, of course, the flute.
























4 comments:

lis said...

I love your kid! If I ever have a kid, I hope he/ she is as hip as yours. I'm glad, btw, that our Idol watching is propelling him towards greatness.

Lisa B. said...

I love this band already. It reminds me of the band the young lover in Grace Paley's "Enormous Changes at the Last Minute" had, esp. the lyrics. He needs a little tape recorder so he can compose all the time. Get him one of those voice recorder pens.

Condiment said...

What is the name of this band? Perhaps Mid-B can restart his tuba-playing career and join in?

Clint Gardner said...

Hah, Mid-B played the Tuba? Rock on.

By the way, Dr. Write, I have the CD I promissed you, and maybe another.