Son: Bacon comes from pigs.
Son's Friend: Animals are made from meat. Like cows are meat. And we are meat.
Son: No. We're made of water. You're mostly water.
SF: And meat.
Son: Mom, are we meat?
SF: We are meat.
Recent accomplishments from the domestic sphere of Dr. Write and Middlebrow:
- Some of us have finished the final chapter of our dissertation
- Some of us have learned how to swim (back float and arm part of crawl)
- Some of us are still reading Cloudsplitter (9 months and counting)
- Some of us stayed up late every night watching at least 3 episodes (per evening) of "The Office" Season 2
- Some of us spent all morning trying to figure out how we could watch Season 3
- Some of us can't sleep at night because we are secretly worrying that Pam and Jim will/will not get together (if they get together, the show will fall apart/be cancelled)
- Some of us have started and abandoned several novels we were reading this week
- Some of us have lost confidence in our ability to finish any writing project longer than 25 pages
- Some of us need a schedule to get any work done
- Some of us run because it makes us feel like we have accomplished something, anything, please god, I just want the feeling of having finished something
- Some of us need some friends to distract us (hint, hint)