- Don't run errands on your birthday. I made the mistake of going to the Pharmacy to pick up my prescription and it made me crabby, because of the intricacies of health insurance and compounds.
- IKEA is fun, but it's exhausting, and apparently it's inevitable that you will fight with your spouse while trying to load the large, unwieldy flat packages containing the bookcases you will soon assemble onto the cart that is too narrow.
- Tequila is fun, but too much is not fun. Note to self: do not drink too much tequila.
- If you don't bake the cake, you won't have one. I was too tired to bake a cake either for myself or for MB. Maybe tomorrow.
- Movies are good, but sometimes they are just excuses to fire guns and smash cars into one another. (Bourne Ultimatum). Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- MB likes the Miriam & Amadou album I downloaded last year and listened to all around Spain. I guess he never listened to it. It's fun. And it's in French!
- Hugh Grant is the best lead in a romantic comedy. Sometimes you just need to watch a romantic comedy and forget about grading and life, etc. (Love Actually)
- Chinese food is good for what ails you. (Little World)
- MB and I had a fine, but ultimately disappointing breakfast this morning. We will use one of Son's remaining school days to go out for breakfast again.
- MB has now assembled and secured the new bookshelves. He is filling them with books right. now. I am watching. His OCD-ness is emerging.
- Today we received our first box of Christmas gifts from out of state. Son enjoyed unpacking the box and reading the names off the presents. My mom sent me something for my stocking. It was shaped kind of like a bottle. Son said, "What is this mom? Is it vodka?"
- I'm really tired. I'm going to go to bed early.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I can't get my mind organized to come up with a coherent theme for this list, so I will just call it Things.