- The number of actors that I adore beyond reason is actually quite long and includes some shockers: Clive Owen (always my number one), Gabriel Garcia Bernal, Mark Wahlberg, Judi Dench, Jennifer Aniston, John Cusack, Joan Cusack, Helen Mirren, Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, Patrick Dempsey, Peter Skarsgard, Kate Winslet, Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McCounaughey, Emma Thompson, Joaquin Phoenix, Greg Kinnear, Toni Collette. I could go on. But the list must end somewhere.
- My home is filled with books I have not finished and have not started. Some standouts: Cloudsplitter (one year and counting!), The Beauty of the Husband, The Omnivore's Dilemma, The Kite Runner, Midnight's Children. Etc, etc, etc.
- My weaknesses are, in no particular order: dark chocolate, red wine, tequila, baked goods (cookies, scones, cake, pie), french fries, soda, potato chips. Basically potato and potato products. Dip (especially the one my mom used to make with cottage cheese, cream cheese, garlic salt and red wine vinegar). Really cold good beer (hoppy!). Hard cider (also really cold). Artichoke dip.
- Best meal ever: Right now, as I try to think of it, I'd have to say our first meal at Martine. At that time (years ago? maybe 5 years!) our town seemed like a restaurant wasteland. It has improved, but I'd have to say that Martine is still one of the best. Sangria is out of this world. That first time, I still remember, I had a tapa that was scallops in a Clementine reduction sauce. Also I think it had pistachios on it. Oh. My. God. (Also, at Stella, I had some amazing lamb with a cherry salsa. Wow!)
- Another good meal: My defense celebration meal (for which I still owe a great many people) where we went to Metropolitan and I had the elk medallions. So. Good.
- Favorite kind of restaurant: Taco truck. Haven't met one yet I didn't like. Looking forward to going back to the one in Pocatello.
- Favorite drink: the kind with alcohol in it. Does that make me an alcoholic? Maybe. Honestly? A pornographic martini (vodka, three olives) or a margarita on the rocks with salt.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
7 Things: A Confession
I've been retagged by Thirty-One Flavors, and I like a list as much as (okay, more) than the next person, so I'm game. Here are 7 Embarrassing Confessions. Or maybe not so embarrassing and maybe not so confessional, but 7 nonetheless.