Friday, November 02, 2007

Knives


Two ideas converged today: the idea that, for the DFL, I could make a cool Power Point presentation with images that part of my story would cover (like layers). And the second thing is that in my collection of stories, I have more than one (two?) in which knives figure prominently. A friend pointed this out and I laughed. I said, "Yeah, that's funny." Which he found amusing, because knives aren't usually funny.
One story is called "Knives in the kitchen" and is basically a list of different knives, albeit with eerie overtones (think Lydia Davis's "French Lesson" meets Crate and Barrel). The second is one I posted a paragraph of in the summer. Inspired by Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me, it features a housewife wandering the house, butcher knife in hand. Madness ensues.
So I had to post this photo, which I love. Maybe I will use it. Note the "fotosearch" watermark.

3 comments:

Condiment said...

Love the photo, love the multimedia shenanigans. Do it! Jim Thompson, my hero!

ErinAlice said...

Oh everyone knows that housewives and knives don't mix!!! For some reason that picture reminds me of The Twilight Zone....

Lisa B. said...

photo: love it love it love it. the multimedia shenanigans, yes! yes yes yes.